By: Jim Nugent, Sales Representative – Architectural Products
Most architects, contractors and owners are well aware of the advantages of building with R-Control SIPs. Certainly strength of the structure, energy efficiency and speed of construction are well known and well documented advantages of building with SIPs
While SIPs are well suited for light commercial building applications, conventional wisdom often views SIPs as a building system used in residential construction. To the contrary a large percentage of SIPs in use today are in commercial, institutional, and faith based buildings.
So where are these panels being used? In the roof.
Here are just a few of the advantages of R-Control SIP roof panels:
• Ideal for straight vaulted designs with exposed structural members
• Clear span capability from 8’-20’ depending on load criteria.
• Greater span-ability increases truss spacing and saves cost
• Speed of construction for large vaulted roofs, Panel sizes available from 4’x8’ to 8’x24’.
• R Control SIPs can be used in flat roof applications
Visit www.achfoam.com to find project profiles like the Severance Middle School, Aldo Leaopold Legacy Center, Ruffner Nature Preserve and other R-Control SIP roof panel projects.