By: Chris Benson, Packaging Specialist
What the heck is OEM? The answer is simple: Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) is a term used when one company makes a part or subsystem that is used in another company’s end product.
Confused yet? Examples of expanded polystyrene OEM applications would be: garage door insulation, lost foam foundry patterns for metal casting, spa covers, heating & cooling system insulation, surf board cores, RV insulation and flotation insulation. There are countless other market segments that use EPS foam in OEM applications.
Hope the picture is getting more clear now! ACH Foam’s high performance products have unlimited design possibilities and are used in virtually every industry.
Our dedicated staff will help you design and engineer the EPS OEM solution with accuracy to meet your deadlines and performance specifications.
Here are a few technical points on why EPS is great OEM solution:
- 50 year Thermal Warrant:- R-Value of EPS does not suffer from R-Value loss over time
- Moisture Resistant: The mechanical properties of EPS are unaffected by moisture. EPS exposed to water or water vapor will not cause swelling.
- EPS will not decompose and will not support mold or mildew growth.
- EPS does not contain CFC’s, HCFC’s, HFC’s, or formaldehyde.
- EPS is a very, very strong and versatile material designed to cushion, protect, absorb shocks & insulate product.
For more information on developing your OEM solution using EPS, please contact an ACH salesperson.