By: Brent Tanimoto, Sales Representative – Architectural Products
With 2017 upon us and New Year’s resolutions in full swing, it time to consider ACH Foam Technologies’ Foam-Control® Plus+® architectural roof insulation needs?
Let’s take a moment to review a few of the advantages to using Foam-Control® Plus+® in your roofing application:
- Expanded polystyrene (EPS) is highly customizable and versatile. Unlike other rigid insulations, EPS is available up to 40 inches thick and can be factory cut to nearly any size or shape. Because of this, fewer layers are required to achieve R-Value, resulting in less applied squares and significant labor savings.
- Available in four different compressive strengths, up to 60 psi, Foam-Control® Plus+® is an extremely durable material and offers the highest R-Value per dollar, with up to 30% savings over tapered ISO systems.
- Unlike XPS and ISO, EPS does not contain blowing agents, which results in a loss of R-Value over time. This is known as thermal drift and in January 2014, the roofing industry changed LTTR R-Value testing which shows that XPS & ISO can lose their thermal stability over time. This did not affect Foam-Control® Plus+® insulation.
- Foam-Control® Plus+® is compatible with almost all major single-ply roofing systems and meets or exceeds ASTM C578 requirements.
- EPS is a closed cell insulation that not only has superior moisture resistance, but has a high drying potential with the ability to quickly release any absorbed moisture.
- ACH Foam Technologies’ Foam-Control® Plus+® architectural roof insulation is environmentally sustainable. It is 100% recyclable and may contain up to 25% recycled content. Our material contains no dyes, formaldehyde or HCFC’s and can contribute towards LEED® credit requirements.
For more information on roofing products and applications visit ACH Foam Technologies website. On behalf of everyone at ACH Foam Technologies, we wish you a happy and prosperous New Year!